As women age, it is increasingly important to have regular eye exams to detect age-related eye diseases early. During Women’s Eye Health and Safety Month Friends for Sight encourages all women in Utah to have their eyes examined and to take steps to protect and preserve their sight.
The Facts About Women and Eye Health
- Account for 2/3 of blindness & visual impairment
- More likely to have age-related macular degeneration
- More likely to suffer from glaucoma and cataracts
- Have greater rates of dry eye syndrome
- More likely to have uncorrected refractive errors
- More likely to have other diseases that are associated with eye conditions